Wednesday, July 9, 2008

stocking up...


there is a lot going on in our world today and food prices (among other things) seem to be on the rise. i just wanted to share my good buys today and inspire you all to do a little stocking up of your own. i have learned about a great website: http://www.grocerysmarts.com that gives you a list of everything that is on sale at most grocery stores and lets you know if it is a good deal and tells you where to find the coupons to get the best deal possible. i have been using it for a while and rely on it before i go grocery shopping, even if i don't plan to use coupons. i have also found that i can go to walmart and buy everything on my list (from 3 different stores) and they will match the price in their store, making less work on my part.

so this is my deal today:

(3) boxes of Golden Grahams
(2) boxes of Honey Nut Cheerios
(1) box of Frosted Cheerios
(1) box of Apple Cinnamon Cheerios
(5) boxes of Betty Crocker Fruit Snacks
(4) boxes of Fruit Gushers
(1) bag of Bugles
(3) bags of Chex Mix

total: 20 items = $31 (that is $1.55 / item)

i have gotten better deals before, BUT... this is the best part... i also received 4 movie tickets to use at a theater of my choice for movies of my choice. (fandango) because nick and i were planning on seeing a couple of movies in the near future, this was a GREAT deal. if you figure movie tickets are $8/ticket, we basically paid for 4 movie tickets (which we were going to do anyway) and got a bunch of free stuff. it is a great way to stock up for food storage and save a lot of $$. my sister mandi went to pick up some things as well and her original total was over $300, after coupons she spent $120 and got 18 movie tickets.




if any of you have questions on how you can do this, you can email me and i will do my best to fill you in. just wanted to share!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Wow, I haven't read in a while. Lots is going on. Sorry to hear about the flood. I loved the pictures of you dancing with sparklers. That is so Melanie. I miss that. Ammon looks just like nick, especially his profile.