Monday, September 22, 2008

happy with what i've got...

with life going by full speed and sometimes just trying to get through the day, it's easy to forget all that we have. i was thinking about it this morning and i have so much to be greatful for. i really am living the life i want to live.
i am married to a man who works super hard in school and work to support our family so i can be a stay at home mom. i have two beautiful, healthy children that fill my days with so much happiness it is amazing. i have friends and neighbors who add sanity with adult conversation and offer help when i need it. i have a calling in our ward that i love and lets me get to know more people and do service often. i get to spend time doing things i enjoy like: baking, cooking, and trying new recipes.
our family truly is blessed. it's like my mom's saying: "we may not have it all together, but together we have it all". it may not be glamorous, or at times very "rockstar-ish", but i'm just so happy that i am able to live the life i want to live!

2 comments:

MStevenson said...

Whenever I see you are always so cheerful!

Kristin Dyer said...

Thanks for the good reminder. I sometimes think that life is just not going to well. This made me realize that things really aren't so bad. Thanks Mel~ PS how is the neighborhood? We are missing it like crazy, at least I am. I need a little bit more of that adult interaction that you were talking about. I am glad that Maria is working out for you as a babysitter. She really is great huh? Does Ana and Phil like the condo? We sure hope so. Talk to you later