Thursday, November 6, 2008

i know, i know...

so nick totally makes fun of me when i do this, but i LOVE a good deal and i get all excited and have to tell everyone when i make out like a bandit at the grocery store. today it was albertson's and smith's:
at albertsons:
  • 5 dove shampoos
  • 5 dove conditioners
  • 6 sauve deoderants
  • 6 sauve lotions
  • 6 sauve kids shampoo
  • 2 chex mix
  • 2 swanson broth cartons
  • 3 tuna helpers
  • 2 betty crocker cookie pouches
  • 2 knorr sides plus veggies
  • 8 green giant frozen veggies

total: $23

(plus i have $20 to use at albertsons on my next trip!)

at smith's:

  • 8 boxes of cereal
  • 3 boxes granola bars
  • 6 boxes fruit roll-ups / fruit snacks
  • 2 canisters quaker oats
  • 2 quakes rices cakes
  • 5 power ade
  • 5 vitamin water
  • 1 7-up
  • 1 frozen pizza

total: $28

i probably could have done better at smith's if i would have been more prepared. i had some coupons for some free items so i think all in all, i didn't come out too bad.

happy shopping!

5 comments:

Mindy said...

What the heck. How did you do that? I really do need to start saving.

M and M said...

Mel! I still haven't started this yet! I totally need to... can we have another quick mini lesson on this wonderful option. I really want to start I just feel a little overwhelmed about where to begin. You are amazing!

emily said...

You are so amazing. I still haven't signed up for the newspaper & I'm just kicking myself. I hope one day I can be a stay at home mom & go shopping with you. You seriously amaze the heck out of me.

Kristin Dyer said...

I love the fact that you post this on your blog. I have been starting to save my coupons from the paper on Sunday but I have yet to get the password for this area. If you know how I can get it that would be totally awesome. ~Kristin

Anonymous said...

Your the most amazing woman! Honestly I don't think I'll ever be as great mom, wife, or friend as you are!!