Monday, August 25, 2008

we should open a bakery...




so my sister mandi saw the pic on the blog for carol's birthday. she called me up and said, "i know what i want my birthday cake to look like!" i had told her months before that i would bake her a carrot cake for her birthday. when she told me she wanted the one from my blog i was like, "umm, no, very funny". but my sister jess is a better sport than me and she said we should go for it. well, multiple trips to stores, multiple days, and multiple messes later, we had ourselves a cake. i don't think either one of us felt it was perfect but i felt good about our first effort. there was a crazy moment when jess started shoving marshmellows in her mouth but she recovered quickly. ammon fell asleep on the floor by our feet, i think i was a bad mom that day. anyway, here is the slideshow of us making the fondant and decorating the cake.

3 comments:

Josh & Jessica said...

So we totally should have used the smaller dots. ...and less stripes... and yes... probably froze the cake!

The Green Family said...

I loved it!!! Thank you soooo much! I already have a request for the 2 of you to make a wedding cake - same colors. Yes, you should open a bakery... xoxo - Mandi

Josh & Jessica said...

No I won't do it.